One of the most important aspects of running your business is your own internal capacity to receive. As a business owner, you must receive income, clients, guidance, and more. Yet as a coach, your inclination is to give. You are here to bring light to the world and support others in their transformation. This is all about giving. You have been a giver all of your life. It is easy to forget about your ‘receiving muscle’.
Over the years, I have done many different self-development practices to increase my internal capacity to receive, and each time I have up-leveled my inner capacity, I have reaped rewards in my business: new clients, income from unexpected sources, opportunities that just came to me. Increasing your receiving muscle is the self-development work that is so worth doing, as it adds to your business development! So how do you strengthen your receiving muscle? How do you increase the spiritual conduit by which you receive?
Here are some ideas that have worked for me:
- Become aware that you have a receiving muscle. Awareness is 80% of the solution.
- Realize your tendency to give, and cultivate a tendency to receive.
- Cultivate your capacity to receive by receiving everything with appreciation.
- Listen to relaxing songs that put you in the receiving mode.
- Celebrate all receiving with gusto.
- Look for opportunities to receive.
- When someone asks you if you would like something, say yes.
- Notice when you are resisting receiving, and release the resistance.
- Give yourself a rating each day on how large your receiving conduit is, on a scale of 1-10.
- Then DO something to bring that rating up.